New Orleans is famous for music and food. Our selection of New Orleans Soup Recipes gives a good idea of the culinary diversity if this exciting city and people.
New Orleans is the home of the Dixieland Jazz Band and is the location for many famous live music venues. Chickie Wah Wah, House of Blues and Preservation Hall are just a few of the most notablemusical hot spots.
New Orleans Soup Recipes
People travel from all over the world to experience the New Oreans vibe. Obviously, music is a big attraction but, food and the unique New Orleans soups are a very close second.
Landmarks of New Orleans
You will be spoilt for choice when you are sight-seeing in New Orleans, the city has so much to offer the visitor.
Mardi Gras Fountain
- Built in 1962 this carnival-centred fountain in Lakeshore has art tributes that honour over 90 Mardi Gras Carnival krewes
New Canal Lighthouse
- This renovated lighthouse is on the National Register of Historic Places and was destroyed in Hurricane Katrina
New Orleans Museum of Art
- The crown jewel of City Park, this neo-classical building opened in 1911 and stands as one of the oldest fine-arts museums in the world.
Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots
- This racecourse is one of the oldest race tracks in the United States but, may be better known as the venue for New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival.
- Restored by the Louisiana Landmarks Society in the 1960s, this uncommon bayou St. Johns country home was owned by many affluent residents including New Orleans first mayor, James Pitot.
Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo
It may surprise you to know that famous music names love to eat soup. And, I suspect that Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo is very popular.
This delicious gumbo recipe tastes so authentic despite using only everyday ingredients.
This easy, fun recipe for New Orleans shrimp creole is a classic dinner idea, Get the autherntic cajun flavour from this Delish recipe.
A pot full of spicy goodness with a real hispanic flavour for the stew lover with a difference.
Crawfish and corn bisque New Orleans Soup
If you, like me, are a big seafood afficianado, then this crawfish soup is sure to tick all your boxes.
Crawfish are also known as crayfish but, are really freshwater lobsters. Whatever name you are familiar with, the real knowledge is knowing how tasty these critters are in a creamy chowder.
Chicken Andouille Sausage Gumbo
An elegant spot for a delicious brunch accompanied by refined jazz music, is The Commander’s Palace. Famous for fine creole cooking. This world-famous retaurant on Washington Avenue is a must-vist destination for the serious food traveller.
If French-creole cooking is more to your taste, you should try Galatoires on Bourbon street. This century-old institution provides fine-dining on a grand scale.
Spicy Homemade Cajun Red Bean and Sausage Soup
If you like your food a little bit spicy, this Cajun red bean and sausage soup will most certainly float your boat.
This simple, rustic soup is so full of flavour. The soup uses dried beans which are much cheaper to buy, so this is a very economical dish if you are on a budget.
Crawfish Etouffee New Orleans Soup
Freshwater lobsters, as crawfish are, make a delicious soup. This etouffee is described as something between a stew and a bisque.
A very typical Louisiana recipe, this is a rich and buttery dish that you will absolutely adore.
New Orleans style White Beans
These fat-free, healthy and vegan beans are a sure-fire cure for the sloth of overinduging on sweet, sticky puddings.
The New Orleans beans are Great Northern Benas, a variety of bean I have not come across before. Maybe, they’re unique to Lousiana or maybe my culinary knowledge needs to be expanded.
You may also be interested in the soup recipes
We should never forget the need to keep the wolf from the door. This website is funded by advertising the products and services we use, or have used in bringing this blog to you.
- Bluehost Web Hosting (an early hosting solution we used, a great startup option.)
- WP Engine Web Hosting (a blisteringly fast web host which proved a little too pricey, but very good)
- Siteground Web Hosting (Our current Web home)
- WP Tasty Pins (essential pinning tool)
- Tailwind (essential scheduling tool)
- ShareaSale (Affiliate Links)
- BlogVault WordPress Backup (was essential but, now Siteground backs up.